Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

i get knocked down...

So, I didn't win the cupcake war challenge...I tied for 3rd place for the day (out of 13). I was pretty bummed but I'm ready to try again. Third place isn't awesome, but it isn't terrible either.
I made vanilla cupcakes with lime curd filling and a whipped lime buttercream. Delicious.
And if you were wondering, I do still have a tiny bit of lime curd in the fridge and it takes EVERY ounce of self restraint I have to not stick my finger in the bowl every time I walk by....

Frosted and ready to be boxed

When I got to the radio station they got adorned with tiny candied lime zest curls. Gorgeous and delicious...

The moral of the story here is that I'm trying again in 2 weeks. I'll be at the Gardiner cupcake festival on the 19th submitting two flavors. I'll be bringing my chocolate/caramel cupcake and perhaps a vegan one too...We'll have to see how the testers come out!!

Also, if you have any experience doing gluten free or vegan baking, I'd love some tips! I'm working on perfecting a delicious gluten free and/or vegan cupcake. I was thinking the gf one would be apple/caramel and the vegan one would be something else. I'm not on gf or a vegan diet so I'd love some advice!

1 comment:

Nicole Rene said...

haha you sound like the kind of girl my boyfriend would love to have! I am not the best at baking!! Those look really delicious though! And good luck at the next festival!!! :) I'm sure you'll do great!!!! And umm can I be a tester? haha :)