Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

cupcakes galore

I figured it out. I'll be competing in cupcake wars tomorrow morning. I'm working on perfecting the flavors, and I need to get a new cupcake pan. Apparently my cupcake pans are more like muffin pans and are a bit more shallow/wide than I'd prefer. The shapes of my cupcakes are off just a tiny bit and it makes them a little uglier than I'd like. Since they'e so wide they need more frosting and more isn't always better.
These are the ones I was up all night making last night....

Chocolate cupcake filled with gooey caramel, chocolate buttercream and flaked toasted coconut

Vanilla cupcake infused with tequila filled with lime curd topped with sweet lime buttercream

Chocolate cupcake filled with peanut butter mousse. Dipped in chocolate ganache topped with chocolate buttercream
and chopped peanuts
The changes I'm debating:
The chocolate peanut butter cupcake with have a peanut butter buttercream with a chocolate shell instead of the ganache
Add a salted lime wedge to the margarita cupcakes
Add coconut oil to chocolate and make a chocolate shell on the buttercream for the samoa cupcake

No comments: