Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

chambray for summer

We have one heck of a weekend coming up! We've had 2 days of beautiful weather and the weekend is only going to get better. And to top it off my weekend is fun of good times. This evening Mike and I are taking the dogs to a new dog park that opened about 5 minutes from the house. I'm pretty excited about it because the next closest dog park (the one we go to almost every weekend) is about a half hour drive away. It'll be nice to get there in just a few minutes. Then tomorrow I'm participating in another cupcake festival. I'm entering in two categories, best tasting and best hudson valley themed cupcake. I'm not sure what I'm naming my hudson valley cupcake yet, but I think it's going to be all local ingredients and be apple/caramel flavored. We'll see how they come out when I make a test batch this morning. Sunday we're heading to Connecticut to visit Kristyn's bakery. Talk about yum!


Now on with some fashion for me to drool over! This week's Friday's Fancies is all about chambray. I'm not one to normally wear it, but I have seen some gorgeous looks on pinterest where they mix chambray with simple lace to dress it up. I love the combo so that was my inspiration for this week's look.

chambray for summer


Dorothy Perkins lace shirt
$21 - dorothyperkins.com

Old navy shorts
$25 - oldnavy.gap.com

Pierre Dumas ankle wrap sandals
$30 - piperlime.gap.com

Miso mesh jewelry
£10 - republic.co.uk

Carved earrings
jewelry.1stdibs.com

Ettika gold tone jewelry
$36 - endless.com

Miu miu sunglasses
$310 - miumiu.com

Essie nailpolish
$8 - macys.com

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ooh, I love how you classed it up with a lace top. Very nice!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

How fun!! I should take my dog to the dog park this weekend :)

And I totally went to Old Navy today to buy the chambray shirt I featured AND was totally going to buy the shorts you featured!