Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

this or that

Yesterday morning I posted all about the new active line at old navy and then when I saw my mom last night she surprised me with a pair of the compression shorts! I'm so excited about them! I tried them on last night and I love the fit. They are compression without suffocating me. I'm going to wear them for my super short run this afternoon (2 miles) and then for my super sweaty weight lifting workout. So I'll be back later with a review....Maybe a picture or two - if you can handle my chub. hehe.

Last week on Katie's blog, Keep Calm & Carry On she posted a whole mess of either or questions and answered them herself and encouraged her readers to borrow the questions and answer them on their own blogs. I loved the questions so here we go!

fashion:
1. Tribal or Aztec? I don't think I can pull this look off. But if I had to choose I think I would go Aztec.

2. Girly or Boho? Definitely girly. I'm such a silly girly girl. I love flowers and shimmer and feminine details.

3. Floral or Paisley? I'm going to go with paisley! I love it not just for clothes but for pretty much anything in life. I love paisley for bathrooms or accent pillows as well as shirts and dresses!
From Forever21
4. Chunky or Single bracelets? I would pick single, but I really hate bracelets on me. A stupid thing I know, but I don't really like my wrists, they are especially chunky for my frame. Yuck.

5. Single or layered necklaces? Single, I think I'm more simple. I'd pick a plain chain with one pendant. I wear a circle necklace most often.

6. Nude pumps or red heels? Right now, I'd go with nude pumps. I love the simplicity and almost fashion-y look of them. I love that they go with everything and they look awesome without taking attention away from the outfit. But red heels definitely have their own time and place.

Makeup:
7. Voluminous or lengthening mascara: I'm addicted to covergirl LashBlast mascara in very black. I especially LOVE the waterproof one! They call it "volume blasting," so I think that answers the question!

8. Smashbox or NARS? I've always been a NARS fan. Their blush in orgasm is my favorite of all time. Although I'm a huge fan of the smashbox photo finish makeup primer. But that is the only smashbox product I actually love. I have never had good luck with their eyeshadows which has always frustrated me. I have found them to break easily.

9. Foundation or tinted moisturizer? I use powder foundation whenever I'm not tan. When I get tan the ugly red blotchiness that I get goes away a bit, so I just use moisturizer and some bronzer for  depth.

10. Creme blush or benetint? I love benetint as a lip stain, but I don't have the guts to use a stain on my cheeks. I use powder blush.

11. Liquid line or gel liner? I don't use eye liner, hence my obsession with that mascara.

12. Highlighting or contour? Definitely highlighting. I love a tiny bit of shimmer on my cheekbones!

13. Sephora or Ulta? Either. I really like the Ulta and Sephora brand products, so really I'd take either. If you could bring either one closer to my house, I'd like them more. Right now I would be more likely to go to sephora because there is one in the JCPenney in the mall closest to my house.

14. CVS or Walgreens? I have a new found love affair with walgreens! Sometimes they have AMAZING deals. I was very proud that recently I got 2 banana boat shimmer sunscreens, 2 after sun lotions and a thing of walgreens aloe all for $7! I was pretty stoked.

15. Touch up stick or liquid concealer? Liquid concealer, you know that ugly red blotchiness I referenced earlier? Yeah...I need the heavy duty concealer for those days.

16. Tanning mousse or tanning bed?  Definitely NOT the bed...well I guess not the mousse either because I'm allergic to them. I get horrible hives and soo itchy from it. Really I go with whatever tan I get while I'm outside running. I'm not one to want to sit in the sun...I have a serious irrational fear of skin cancer.

Hair:
17. Feathers or no feathers? No feathers for me, but I adore the look on others. I'll stick to feather earrings though.

18. Curling wand or curling iron? I don't usually go curly, and I don't know what a curling wand is... So neither?

19. Flat iron or blow dryer? Definitely a blow dryer. If I wear my hair down I always blow it out. I rarely straighten because I have pin straight hair naturally.

20. Messy bun or ponytail? A ponytail. My hair is long and heavy! If I put it up in a bun it stretches out the ponytail holder and falls out. So insanely frustrating!

21. Braid or fishtail? Braid. I love pigtail french braids....Unfortunately, I can't do it to myself so it doesn't happen very often...


No comments: