Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

an introduction of sorts

I've been at this blogging thing for a little while now and I don't think I've introduced ya'll to some of my favorite things in the world. I have two adorable (and oddly ginormous!) yorkies.

This is Sheldon. He's a three year old pure bread. A friend of my mom has two yorkies that she bread with one another. She gave Sheldon, formally Patrick, to her mother but after about a year she had to move to an assisted living facility that didn't allow dogs. My mom's friend asked if we wanted him and we eagerly jumped at the offer. Sheldon came to live with us in November of 2009. He is a precious little pup. He is a bit overly pampered, but we love him anyway. He is a cuddle bug who loves to just sit on my lap while I blog or surf around the internet. He also loves all people, which makes him the world's worst guard dog. He doesn't bark when people come into the house ever, all he wants to do is make new friends and lick their faces! Sheldon is also my running companion. When I started running I started taking him with me. He has been a champ! The longest run/walk he has joined me on was about 9 miles. We did quite a bit of walking, but he loves getting out there to meet other dogs.

Then we have Cooper. Coop is a 2 year old yorkie (mutt?) that we rescued in May. I was looking at dogs for my little sister to adopt and came across an ad for a "free to good home" yorkie. As it turns out, a breeder rescued him from an abusive home and she was looking for a new family for him. From the minute I saw a picture of "Meatball" I knew he had to come live with me. He too LOVES to snuggle. He also is quite a chewer, but knock on wood we've kept him from chewing on anything he shouldn't! He loves bones and toys. My favorite thing he does is carry around his bed from his kennel like a blankie.
Sheldon got an infection on his leg and had to wear a cast for a week. It was
so awful, but he dealt with it fantastically!


The day we brought Coop home, they became fast friends.

Cooper's first week at home, he snuggled on my chest as often
as possible.

Introducing Cooper to Addie, my little sister's lab/greyhound mix.

Exhausted puppies after meeting my older sister's terrier mix, Tucker. That is Tuck in the top left.
Both pups were named after The Big Bang Theory where one of the lead characters is named Sheldon Cooper. Super nerdy names for our dogs, but we love it. They get along fantastically. They love to run around the house and chase each other.



4 comments:

Caitlin C. said...

Oh my GOSH.. they are absolutely adorable!!

Melissa:: Strong Sense of Style said...

Great pics, precious pups!!

Jenna Lee said...

AWWWWW puppy party! I love puppies! Wheres Addie?

Rebecca said...

what adorable pups!