With the start of the new year, I wanted to write about 2011. Honestly, I can't complain even a tiny bit about it there were so many good moments. So without further ado, my top ten moments of 2011!
10. May 29. My cousin's adorable daughter's Christening. It was a seriously gorgeous day. We got to hang out with my mom's side of the family, which is something we don't get to do as often as we should. Plus, any day that I get to hang out with this gorgeous girl is a good day in my book!
9. February 26. I watched some of my favorite people in the world jump into ice cold water in support of the Special Olympics. It's a cause very near and dear to my friend AJ's heart so it's something that they do every year. I love being there to support them and to capture the craziness on film.
8. August 28. Hurricane Irene hit. Now, this is supposed to be a top ten list and this doesn't seem to fit, but we had SUCH a blast waiting out the storm. We made it through this storm without a single problem and we were so lucky. I know many weren't as fortunate as us and my heart really goes out to them.
7. September 18. Mike's first half marathon!! It was the dutchess county classic and he was a total rock star. I'm not sure had done enough preparing, but he finished strong and I was so proud of him! They also had a 5k and I rocked it. This 5k is where my current PR came from!
6. March 17. I went flying with Mike for the first time! Mike and I had been trying for about 3 months, but every time our schedules aligned, the weather didn't cooperate. While I was terrified at first, he's a fantastic pilot and put me right at ease.
5. October 18. I went pumpkin picking with my family. We had a great time but really not all that fantastic. The best part about it was that it was the first time I saw my sister after she called to tell me that she's expecting my first niece/nephew in June!
4. June 25. The biggest graduation party I've ever seen! We called it the Merrwagly party as it celebrated 4 of my cousins graduating from high school, 1 from middle school and one from elementary! We sure know how to party. We hung out all day and then partied the night away, definitely the party of the summer!
3. April 17. My first ever race! It was the Hand-in-Hand "super 5k" and it kicked my tush! I had been running for just about 3 months at that point and the race was just under 5 miles. I wasn't really prepared for it, but in the end it was completely awesome.
2. June 18. My first anniversary with Mike! We had the most perfect day. The whole day was spent hanging by the pool lounging around and then we got ready and went out for the best dinner I have ever had. Beyond delicious.
1. November 25-27. Black Friday and Tree Hunting! This needs no explanation, it was so much fun and the perfect start to the holiday season! My absolute favorite weekend of the year.