Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

happy monday!

After my snowy weekend and a very fun night watching the Giants win their game, I woke up feeling super refreshed and ready for the week.



I took my first snowy run on Friday evening. We got less than an inch of snow on Thursday night so I thought it was a good intro to snowy road running. It really ended up being more of a tutorial in running on sanded/salted roads. It was definitely different but not necessarily difficult. I'm used to running on pavement, which is solid under your feet. It took about a mile to get used to the sliding under my feet.

 I finally bit the bullet and read The Hunger Games. After everyone around the internet has read them and raved about them, I decided it was finally time. I spent my snowy Saturday curled up on the couch with hot tea and a kindle. It was glorious and I finished the first book and downloaded the second and got about 1/3 of the way through before I finally dragged myself up to bed. I read the rest of the second one on Sunday (I did stay up until 2am to do so) after the Giants game.

Mike wearing Devan's snowboarding helmet. A "rally cap" according
to my uncle!

Mom, Mike and I went and hung out at my aunt's house to watch the Giants game. I'm not a huge football fan but I definitely like a good party. I made a standing rib roast, mashed potatoes, peas and salad (and some chicken for myself). We hung around and chatted while football lovers watched the game.
All in all, one heck of a weekend!
Bring on the week <3

2 comments:

Meggan said...

It was definitely a great game!

I love the Hunger games too! I am about halfway through book three and it keeps getting better!

Amy G said...

Yay for jumping on the Hunger Games bandwagon! I loved the series and read it super fast too. Now I'm sad it's over :) Enjoy!