Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

12 recipes for 2012

I like to consider myself a bit of a foodie. There are very few things I love more than spending time in the kitchen cooking delicious food for myself and for my favorite people. Most people just assume that with my restricted diet (I don't eat red meat, pork, anything ground, anything in a tube, or shellfish) that I don't eat much. But in reality, aside from meats, I will eat just about anything. Put any preparation of any vegetable in front of me and I'll at least taste it, but more than likely, I'll love it.
One of my goals for 2012 is to cook some recipes that I've never tried before. This could be anything from a different flavor profile or cooking with different ethnic foods. I've been pouring through foodgawker looking at photos and looking through different recipes and this is the list of 12 different foods to try in 2012.
I'd love to get your suggestions too! One of my favorite things about foodgawker is reading the blogger's perspective on the recipe. I love making recipes based on other people's reviews. So link me to your favorites!!

Polenta Squares with Mushroom Ragu from Running to the Kitchen

Pumpkin Spice Pull-Apart Bread by Willow Bird Baking

Coconut Oatmeal from The Eccentric Cook

Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms by The Curvy Carrot

Thick and Creamy Potato Latkes from Sweat Pea's Kitchen

Grilled Angel Food Cake by Panini Happy

Winter Chop Chop from With Style and Grace

Bourbon Pecan Pie Brownies by The Daily Waffle

Asian Chicken Noodle Soup from Eat Live Run

Scallion Meatballs with Soy-Ginger Glaze by Smitten Kitchen

Cranberry Chipotle Ketchup From The Type A Housewife

Wheat Berry Salad from Spoon Fork Bacon

Well friends, there you have it, 12 must make recipes in 2012. I can't wait to get your suggestions too!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I looooove all things polenta! I'll have to make the Polenta with Ragu, for sure :)