Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

running shoes

We are less than four months out from my race! I'm starting to get really nervous about it. I know that I'm on my training plan, and I'm right about where I want to be, but I'm still getting a little bit freaked out. Right now I'm in desperate need of new sneakers. The last time I ran, I got some pretty bad knee and butt pain so I'm on the hunt for some new sneakers. I had been wearing Asics Gel-Galaxys that I got from Kohl's for such a great deal, but unfortunately they don't have them anymore and I can't seem to find them online. So now I'm looking into new ones. Aside from the bad sneakers, I haven't had any leg or foot problems (*KNOCK ON WOOD!!!*) in my training so I'm trying to find another pair of shoes that will support my feet in a similar way. I'm deciding between two pairs and I was hoping I could get some opinions!
These are the Asics GEL Cumulus 12.  They're apparently a neutral shoe. This is what it says on Road Runner Sports:
Women's ASICS® GEL-CUMULUS® 12 :: Your favorite cushioned trainer is now even better. The newly-updated women's ASICS® GEL-Cumulus 12 features a more segmented outsole and softer heel and forefoot cushioning to make every run incredibly smooth. Plus the improved heel fit secures your feet in place for added comfort. 9.8 ounces

These are the Asics GT-2150. They're listed as a stability shoe. From Road Runner Sport's site:

Women's ASICS® GT-2150 :: Lighten up! You'll appreciate the reliable stability you get from the women's ASICS® GT-2150 but you'll really love the fast, smooth runs you'll get from this high performance package. Join the ranks of millions of dedicated runners who consistently turn to the GT-2150 for comfort they can count on. This fan favorite is lighter than its predecessor yet delivers the familiar support and comfort loyalists love. Get a personalized heel fit from the memory foam lined collar that molds to your foot. Feel great through every step thanks to the GT-2150's lively, durable cushioning. A reliable runner that's sure to deliver miles of fun! 9.5 ounces


1 comment:

Danielle said...

I LOVE my Asics gel cumulus 13. before I had them I had the nimbus. The cumulus are REAL comfy. I did however have knee pain in the cumulus off and on. I did not have it in the nimbus, but I was not at higher miles either. I would go to a good running store if one is near you. They will watch you run to check your pronation. you don't want to risk being injured due to the wrong shoe with the half 4 months away. Just my 2 cents and good luck with the half!!!