Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

full of thanks

First and foremost I want to tell you how thankful I am for you, my readers. Every single comment I get, every time someone new follows me, every response on twitter just fills me with joy and excitement and I am SO happy that I have gotten the opportunity to get to know some of you ladies through this little blog of mine.
This beautiful Thanksgiving morning I have tons of warm and fuzzies. I am filled with gratefulness for all of the wonderful things in my life.
Once I pop my turkey in the oven I'm off to spread some merry and run a 5k in New Paltz. This race benefits Family of New Paltz which provides the community with not only a food pantry, but a 24 hour help hotline, support groups and a shelter. I love racing, but it is so much better when I feel like I'm donating to a worthwhile cause. I can't imagine a more worthy cause, especially during the holiday season and the colder months than this one.
These are a couple pictures from last year's race: (Not my pictures! All credit goes to Martin Weiner)

DSC_0276

DSC_0760

I'm off to enjoy the race and then to finish cooking and celebrate with my family. I'll be heading out tonight around 9pm to go shopping! Watch out black friday, we're coming to share the merry!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! Good luck in your run today. I'm doing a 5k in Monroe on Saturday with my mom. Its her first!!!