Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

road trip!

Once, when I was 14, my parents decided it would be a brilliant idea to put the 5 of us into a Lincoln towncar and spend 30 days driving 10,000 miles around the country. Without a doubt it was the absolute best vacation I have ever been on. With all the fancy islands I've visited, all the princess I've run with, nothing competes to 30 days seeing the beautiful countryside with your family. Not all kids could handle it, but we did. And we did it without a mini van, without a dvd player, no nintendo, and no real electronics beyond portable cd players and a laptop computer whose only purpose was to have maps! There were lots of awesome times and a few mishaps, but it was definitely a memory I cherish with my dad.


So when we were tasked with a road trip outfit for Friday Fancies this week, I was stoked. I cannot wait t do this kind of trip with my kids one day. To torture them with music and to show them the beauty of "mountain days".  My outfit is super cozy and perfect for changes in weather that may come along the way! Yet it has pretty girlie touches that I just love.
road trip!


4 comments:

Nicole said...

I love roadtrips! And this outfit is way cute :)

Clare C. Whitaker said...

Comfy is the most important factor for a road trip!! So glad I came across your blog, too cute! Have a great weekend!!

Toodles,
Twirling Clare
twirlingclare.blogspot.com

Nicole Rene said...

Oooh that hoodie is super cute! Looks so comfy!

Sara said...

Sounds like an awesome family vacay! Great outfit! I'm loving the jewelry and sunnies too. I found your blog through the link up and I'm your newest follower!
Hope you have a fantastic weekend! :)
Cheers,
Sara
www.SocialSara.net