Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

run baby run

I haven't been on a run since I fell on Monday but this weather has me aching for it! Today it's 70 and bright and sunny. This is the first time that I've felt the burning desire to be out there pounding the pavement since the half and I'm in too much pain to walk let alone run. I'm whining a little bit. It's ok though. I'm distracting myself with thoughts of my sister's baby shower. It's next weekend, the 28th, and I'm totally ready for it!
I've mentioned before that we're going with a "she's about to pop" theme. I don't think I could be more in love with the theme. I've been working on printables to cut out and put all over the house. I have the word "pop" ready to go, I'm working on the starburst that is on the invitation. I'm not 100% sure how I'm going to make that work, but it's on the to do list. 
We're also working on figuring out how to do the balloons hanging from the ceiling thing realistically. I don't want to be individually taping 150 balloons (that's how many I've decided we need) to the ceiling. My current plan is to tie them to fishing line to make them dangle then tying the fishing line to another line that will hang across the ceiling. Have any better ideas for me? Here's the pin I'm working from, except I want to do my whole living room which is about 20x15....Maybe that isn't realistic - thoughts?
Source: pinterest.com via Marcus on Pinterest

This is what I have so far with the letters cut out - I don't know if I'm loving the font, and we aren't going with yellow. The colors we're using are teal and neon green for everything. I was using this as a test for the font and I'm glad I didn't waste the good colored paper on it. I think the font needs to be more bold.


This is the invitation that we're basing everything off of. I am so happy with how it came out. I can't wait for this shower. I love this baby too much for me to handle already. I can't wait to meet him!


No comments: