Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

like a good neighbor...

The old Polish couple across the street are there!


Recently I had a terrible, no good, very bad day. It was absolutely awful. I was getting ready to go to the gym before work and somehow managed to lock myself out of both my house and my car without my cell phone. The worst part about this was that it happened at about 1 in the afternoon. No one was home. I knocked on the doors of my neighbors on both sides of my house and no one was there. Then I went one house more on either side with the same results. I was in a panic. My mom and sister (the only people with keys to the house) were about an hour away and Mike was at work too. Finally I realized that the couple who live across the street from my house are retired so they would probably be home. I got to their house and they let me in to use the phone and call Mike so he could come with the garage opener and let me in to the house and then break into the car for me to get the keys. It was awful and it took about 2 hours total, but I got to work exactly on time. Then when I got to work, I managed to leave my lights on and killed my battery. Of course I was parked between two cars so jumping it was a pain in the butt. It was completely terrible.


I was so grateful to my neighbors for letting me use their phone. The next day I baked a big plate of cookies and brought them over to show my gratitude. It just felt like the right thing to do. Sometimes you have to do the neighborly thing and lend a hand.

2 comments:

Amanda @ There Are Two Sides said...

Sorry about the crummy parts of your day! And MAN those cookies look amazing!

Jenna Lee said...

That sounds like a horrible day! I'm so sorry. Youre so sweet for making them cookies. I'm glad it all turned out ok