Pages

Friday, June 17, 2011

new goals!

After a lot of careful consideration I have picked my next big race! I've decided on the Disney Princess Half Marathon! February 24-26 we will be there! Mike is actually going to run it with me and I am stoked! Even though it is geared toward women he wants to be there and run my first half marathon with me. I'm not sure I have any interest in ever doing a full marathon, but I am dying to meet this goal! I set it way back before I even started the c25k plan. Back before I could run for more than 2 minutes straight without wheezing and crawling off the treadmill. Back before I thought I could ever run a 5k, let alone the 5 miler. I read about someone running the Princess Half and I was impressed. It seemed incredible and so unattainable. After learning to run and learning to love to run I think I can do it, and I think I will LOVE it. I'm hoping to come up with a training plan goal based on a couple different training plans I have read.

Not only will I be running a half marathon, but I'll be running it in style. What other race can you actually run in a tutu and completely fit in?!

No comments: