|My friend Kara and I finishing at the Dennis Devlin Memorial 5k. My second 5k, she is an amazing running partner and I am beyond lucky to be able to race with her! She keeps my motivation up and helps me crush goals. Thanks Kara!|
First, a quick recap of what this year has been like for me:
- Starting weight 242 pounds
- Started working out consistently
- Started c25k 1/24
- Ran 7.5 miles
- Weight 233 pounds
- Running 3 days a week, cross training 3 days a week
- Ran 22.3 miles
- Weight 227 pounds
- Still consistent running/cross training
- Ran 24.2 miles
- Weight 220 pounds (on 4/9 my birthday) - HUGE accomplishment for me. I was really proud of this. It was a stretch goal for me and I was thrilled when I was down 20 pounds by my birthday.
- Started running outside
- Ran first "super 5k" actually 4.5 miles in 58:08
- Ran 43.8 miles
- Weight 217 pounds
- Ran second 5k in 39:21 VERY happy with this run, it was quick and I felt great about it. Didn't run the whole distance, but I was thrilled with it.
- Ran 35.3 miles
- Weight 212 pounds
- I'm a bit discouraged about how slow the weight is coming off now, but I know my mileage has decreased drastically.
- The temperatures are up a ton and it is making it harder to run outside.
So my goals for June are:
- Hit 50 miles of running
- Hit 205 pounds - at 200 I'm treating myself to a drastic haircut.
- Start bridge to 10k
- Run at least one 5k
- Find and sign up for a 10k
- Start biking and swimming - with goal of starting triathlon training.