Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Favorite thing: CardioTrainer

I love my android phone. I have a htc incredible, and I don't leave home without it, ever! When I started working out consistently and with specific goals in mind, my phone became invaluable. I LOVE the app choices!
I'd almost go so far as to say that there are too many app choices! I downloaded about 10 before narrowing it down to my top three favorites. Now that it is June, I can safely say that my favorite it CardioTrainer. I adore RunKeeper too (more on that later) but my favorite all around fitness app is definitely CardioTrainer.

WorkSmart labs has done a great job integrating all of my favorite features into one (free!) app that is amazingly simple to use. You basically pick the activity you are doing and hit start and you're off! I love it. I have found the "calorie counting" to be more than a bit generous, but it gives you a decent estimate for your burn during a session. The GPS feature is awesome! It is pretty accurate and I love that it stores the map with your route as well as elevation change information, very informative! It can automatically play a playlist of your choice when you start a workout. Although I would love if I could pick different playlists to go with different workouts. There is also a facebook integration option that I choose not to use, but I could see how some people would like it.

I have a widget that I keep on my home screen that gives me my weekly calorie burn. That is definitely an incentive to keep me going! I hate seeing it get down to silver (less than 1700 calories in a week) and if it goes down to bronze (1200 calories or less in a week), it is torture! It makes me want to get out there and work my tush off! 

No comments: