Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

nom nom nom


Pizza pizza! Sometimes after a long day, the only thing that sounds good is pizza. I don't know about for you, but for me when I get home after that long day, the last thing I want to do is go back out to pick it up and I live in the boondocks where no one delivers pizza (DEFINITELY something I miss about living in Boston).

This is when it is awesome to keep certain ingredients in your pantry/fridge. I usually keep a couple pounds of homemade pizza dough in my freezer (but bought is delicious too! - more on that later) and who doesn't have sauce and cheese? That's the best thing about pizza, it can be anything!

Pizza dough is super easy to make. If you throw together a batch, it makes 2-3 pounds worth (depending on your recipe) and then you have some to freeze. However, if you don't want to do it yourself or if you have a feud with yeast dough (that's what my aunt has told me...), my favorite secret here is to go to a pizza place and buy their dough! It's genius. The dough is normally a pound and a half and it is always delicious. The best part about it is that it freezes beautifully!


My Favorite Pizza

Ingredients:
1 ball of pizza dough
pizza sauce
pesto
shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Heat your oven as hot as it gets. For me, that's 550 degrees.
If you have a pizza stone, put that in the oven and let it heat. If you don't, take a cookie sheet, turn it upside down and preheat it in the oven.

Form the balls of dough into round disks and place on a well floured or cornmealed surface. This will allow the pizza to slide from one surface to another. I use a cookie sheet to slide the pizza onto my pizza stone. Spread with pizza sauce, dollop with pesto and generously sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.

Bake for 7-8 minutes. If your oven only gets to 500 it may take a few more minutes, just keep your eye on it!
Nom nom nom.

No comments: