Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

delicious.

Sometimes I scroll through foodgawker just for fun bookmarking recipes. Sometimes they're great weeknight recipes, sometimes they're party menu items, but far too often they are delicious looking seasonal desserts that I need to make right that moment. This was one of those desserts.
I made them twice and the second time was so much better. I think I let my oil get a bit too hot the first time so they burned before the filling got cooked.


Peach Wontons
(very slightly adapted from She Wears Many Hats)
2 medium, very ripe peaches
2 tablespoons flour
a sprinkle granulated sugar, more if needed*
Wonton wrappers**
Vegetable oil
Powdered sugar

Peel and chop the peaches into a very fine dice. I found that they tasted best and were easiest to fill the wonton wrappers when the peach pieces were very tiny. In a medium bowl mix the peach, flour and sugar together. Lay out 10-12 wonton wrappers and dampen edges with a bit of water. Put about a teaspoon worth of filling in the center. Fold wontons into triangles and meet the outside edges together in the middle. Heat oil to about 300-325 degrees. Drop wontons into oil and fry 3-4 minutes until light golden brown.
Allow to cool, just a bit and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Eat all of them...oh wait, that's just me, you'd probably be able to share!

*The original recipe uses 3 tablespoons of sugar, my peaches were very ripe and sweet so I dramatically decreased the amount. The result was a tiny bit tart but with the powdered sugar on top and the fried crunch, I thought it was delicious. For a sweeter filling, use 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.

**Wonton wrappers can be found in the produce section by the tofu section.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Fun recipe! They look delicious, might have to try it!

Amy G said...

Those look delish!!!