Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

german pancakes

If you ever get the opportunity to talk to Mike, within the first few minutes I'd guarantee that something about being German (probably about one of his tattoos) or flying comes up within the first 5 minutes. He is oddly proud of his German-ness. One of his quirks, but I love it about him.
When I was looking for something delicious to make him for breakfast that was a bit out of the ordinary, German pancakes jumped right out at me. I had to make them!

I used Jaclyn from Cooking Classy's recipe and it was completely spot on, I wouldn't change a single thing! This isn't the first recipe I have tried from her blog, so I really suggest you head over there and check it out, like right now.






German Pancakes
(Again - recipe from Cooking Classy)

3 large eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 T sugar
1/4 t salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 t vanilla extract
2 T butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees with a cast iron pan in the oven. The goal here is to get the pan scorching hot!

In a large bowl mix together eggs, flour, sugar and salt until there are no lumps. Add in the milk and vanilla and stir until just combined.

Once the oven is preheated put the butter in the pan and close the oven for about 30 seconds and wait for it to melt. Swish the butter around the pan and then pour in the batter.

Close the oven and walk away for 15 minutes. Don't peek.

After 15 minutes, it will be done and you'll open your eyes to see a monstrous bowl of deliciousness!

Cut with a pizza cutter and server.

**I served with whipped cream and fruit but it would be delicious with syrup or just powdered sugar. Really I think they were delicious plain, but that's boring!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

These pancakes look SOOO good! I'm definitely going to try them!

Also, I awarded you the Versatile Blogger award, you can check it out on my latest post: http://erinsfavorites.blogspot.com :)