Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

april showers

I'm pretty stoked about April coming this weekend. I don't know why but March has kind of felt like a waste to me. My motivation tanked and I'm looking forward to a new month with new possibilities. Plus, April is birthday month!! Wahoo! Not just mine, but both of my sisters' too. We will be celebrating all week next week, so how could that be bad?


Well, this week to ring in April this weekend Alison gave us a theme of April Showers. I've been kind of dying for these yellow Merrell shoes, so I figured out a way to incorporate them into my Friday Fancies look this week. I don't think hiking in the rain sounds like tons of fun, but I am looking forward to checking out some of the trails around me that I haven't ventured to yet. So for the outdoors enthusiast in me, here is my April Showers look!
april showers


I have a soft spot for "life is good" shirts. There really are so many times that life is good and I don't notice it, or don't appreciate it. Especially for outdoorsy things, I like to remind myself of that. Plus, this shirt couldn't be more perfect! When it rains it shines. Love it.

In case you weren't aware, I'm in love with this color green. It is the perfect rain jacket for a day spent outside. Bright to keep me visible and waterproof to keep me dry!

I have a small obsession with capri length tights. I like the silly details on these. Obviously I won't be sexy hot in them, but I will feel great!

I need these shoes. That's really all there is to say about them. This is such a birthday hint to anyone who might want to buy me a birthday gift. I love the bright yellow, I love that they're made to be worn without socks, I love that they use Vibram soles. Yup, I need these.


I hope you have a fabulous weekend, and March leaves like a lamb. Right now they're saying there is the potential for some snow showers tonight and tomorrow. Obviously mother nature is super confused, 80 to snow in a week in both October and March with barely any snow in between?? Super odd winter. I'm not complaining, I'm just ready for springtime. Plus I don't want it to kill my lilac blooms that are already hanging out.

No comments: