Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

motivation

Since the half marathon I have been lacking serious motivation. I'm having trouble making myself go to the gym or run. I'm sure it is just a necessary lull after such a crazy training schedule, my body definitely needed some recovery time, but it is getting out of hand now!
So the question is what's next? I've conquered the half marathon and now I'm looking for the next goal to tackle. I think I'm going to run another half sometime in the future, but I'm not sure that's where I want my focus to be right now. I had been running toward the princess half for just over a year. Running was my primary workout and I feel like my body needs a shake up.
I read a bunch of healthy living blogs and I've tried the Fitnessista's workouts and they've always kicked my butt. I just need a plan. I feel lost with my workouts right now, like they have no purpose other than to burn calories. Burning calories is a great purpose most of the time, but it gets old so fast!
What are your suggestions? What should the next goal be??

1 comment:

Jamie W said...

i felt the same way after the MCM. Continue to run & use a training plan if that's what you like to do. I also incorporated Jillian's 30 day shred... pilates, body pump... whatever works! Its getting nice out so go for walks... :)