Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

geeking out

A weekend of too many calories and far too much laughter is on the horizon and I cannot wait! I have quite a bit of Irish in me, but I don't even pretend that it's the reason I love this holiday. When I was in college, St. Patrick's Day was my absolute favorite holiday to celebrate. I would put a giant pot of corned beef and cabbage on the stove, get dressed in every green article of clothing I own, and head to the parade in Southie. We would relish in the fact that it is one of 2 days where the cops don't completely notice open containers and drink freely while watching the parade. (The other day is Marathon Monday, in the event you were curious)
We would stumble back to the apartment, which by that time sufficiently STUNK like boiled beef, and add some cabbage to that pot to finish it off. We'd eat 3-4 loaves of soda bread, drink a few more beers and then I'd watch them dig into the stinkiest meal on the planet. (I don't eat beef - corned or not!)
This year my celebration will be a little more tame, but still tons of fun! My sisters are coming over and I will boil some stinky meat while we drink and play games and nosh on some of that soda bread I posted yesterday. I love days of games and beer with my sisters. We laugh until our stomachs hurt, and it is awesome.
This week Alison wanted us to show off our St. Patrick's Day outfits....Mine may not be pretty - but I sure am festive!!!


geeking out


I love cropped sweaters for Spring and Summer. I have a few strapless dresses that I always top with cropped cardigans so I own quite a few of them. My neon green from Old Navy is my favorite though...

What better shoes to start an adventure in than Toms? Super cozy and casual is exactly what a good shoe for a drinking extravaganza needs to be!


Silly fun earrings that match the outfit. These are a no brainer.




St. Patrick's Day is like my Mardis Gras. Beads are a must. Bonus points if there is a shot glass attached!!


Dorky hat? yes please.



Awesome Green sunglasses?? I need these for every day life, so I definitely need them for my excessively green outfit.


Silly green nail polish adds a finishing touch to this ridiculous look.



Don't forget your sunscreen while standing out there watching parades this weekend! It is a definite must.



Celebrate safely! Find yourself a designated driver! (Pregnant sisters are great for this job!!)

1 comment:

Clare C. Whitaker said...

Fun fun fun outfit, love all of the bright colors! I hope you have enjoyed your week and wishing you a wonderful St. Patty's Day!
Toodles,
Twirling Clare
twirlingclare.blogspot.com (check out the face-lift!)