Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

staying neutral

First thing first, I'm loving my new design. It screams fall to me!

I am beyond ready to start this weekend. Yesterday marked the start of birthday week in my family. My wonderful cousin Dylan turned 24 yesterday, so quick shout out to him...Happy Birthday Dylan! It's his first birthday being a daddy, and he is an amazing father already.

This weekend, birthday week continues! My God Mother and awesome Aunt Tink is celebrating her birthday on Saturday. She has had one hell of a year, her son Derek is my cousin who is kicking cancer's ass right now, so I'm sure she's ready to kiss this year goodbye and move forward. Then Sunday is my mom's birthday! As a birthday gift to herself, she is going on a cruise! Lucky lady!

But this weekend, while all of the rest of the world is immersed in college and NFL football, I'll be heading up to Oktoberfest in Rochester with Mike. I'm really excited about it. We've been together for 2 years and there are so many of his friends I haven't met yet and I'm finally going to this weekend! I'm sure there will be way too many calories consumed and lots of belly aching laughs.

Since I'm not a football fan, this is the kind of outfit I'd wear to a football party! Definitely something completely neutral. There are some awesome color combinations in the NFL that I almost wanted to pick a team, but I couldn't decide.




staying neutral



I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! Hopefully you have some beers and laughs in your weekend too!

4 comments:

siddathornton said...

i love the soft grey-purplish hue of that tunic! and the nars palette is the perfect counterpart to the color scheme!

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

great colors-- i love the top! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams stop by im hosting a $100 shopbop giveaway!

Gillian @ Money After Graduation said...

Ohh amazing outfit ! I just pulled out my leggings again yesterday as I usually only wear them in fall.. loving it ! Have fun at Oktoberfest! Isn't it a bit early for that? We have a huge one in my area in Ontario and I thought it was held around mid-October.

Blue Dog Belle said...

Neutral is always good. Loving this look

xo, Emily
bluedogbelle.blogspot.com