Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

harvest time is happy time

Mike and I were up early on Saturday morning. We were out and about running errands and on the way home we went a tiny bit out of our way to hit up one of my favorite little farm stands. It's really just a lady on the side of the road with two tables of goodies. She always has super fresh and delicious stuff.

I was hoping to pick up some zucchini and make another batch of zucchini muffins to have for breakfasts. Unfortunately she said that with the super chilly nights we had, the zucchinis weren't looking so good. We picked up a few other things, including what will probably be the last watermelon of the summer. There happened to be a detour on our way home which lead us to another farm stand, one I had never been to. This one was HUGE! They must have a massive farm. They had every fruit and vegetable that I could imagine was in season. Buckets upon buckets of pumpkins and butternut squash, a trailer full of apples and tables piled high with seriously delicious vegetables. From there we grabbed a couple zucchini, a pumpkin, some red onions and some apples. My oh my, the bounty we came home with.

We spent the rest of the day with country music blasting throughout the house cooking and baking our tails off! It was seriously awesome.


In honor of the fall harvest, I want to share some of the recipes I'm planning on trying out over the next couple of weeks. All these recipes are courtesy of my foodgawker addiction.




No comments: