Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

croissant french toast

Take today to remember. I know I certainly will be.




My sisters went grocery shopping without me the other day. That may sound like the weirdest sentence ever, but on Wednesday nights our favorite grocery store, Adams Fairacre Farms, has customer appreciation night and they give you an extra 10% off your purchase. We usually make it a point to meet there at around 530 and have a little bit of sisterly bonding time while wandering around the store. It's a bit ridiculous, but what can I say? We're a close family!

So, back to my story...They went without me, I was busy and couldn't meet them. Jenn came back to my house and brought me a present! She brought me day old croissants. Seriously. Most ridiculous present ever. BUT! She had a reason, she knew that I love croissants a silly amount and there was a recipe my Aunt Cindy makes that I've been wanting to try out.

Without further ado, (day old) croissant french toast.




Croissant French Toast:

3 1-day old croissants
2 extra large eggs
2 extra large egg whites
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Heat a griddle to 325 degrees.

Cut croissants in half and set aside.
Mix together the eggs, egg whites, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Soak each half croissant in the mixture for 1-2 minutes. Make sure that they are fully saturated before removing. Set aside on a cookie sheet for a few minutes while you soak the rest. Let the whole batch sit for 5 minutes before putting on the griddle.
Cook 3-4 minutes per side.
Serve with butter and powdered sugar.

Share with your boyfriend, or eat them all...Delicious.

No comments: