Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

an old favorite

Last night I was stuck in my living room glued to the tv after I went downstairs to let the dog out and found White Christmas on tv. I love the movie. It's definitely a holiday classic in my family. 





This little blog is not my first, although so far I'm much better with it! The absolute most popular post on my previous blog was one about salted caramels. I made amazing chewy salted caramels last year. They are super decadent and delicious. I decided to share them with you guys today because they are too good to miss! I'll be making them today, a giant batch to share with all of my friends!
(these pictures are from my old blog - I'll update later today with some new shots!)




Sea Salted Chewy Caramels:

5 tablespoons butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup water

Line a 9x9 baking pan with foil and spray foil with vegetable oil spray.

In a small sauce pan melt the butter, once melted add in the heavy cream, vanilla, and salt. Bring to a slow boil stirring frequently. Remove from heat

In a 4 quart sauce pan with high sides mix together sugar, corn syrup and water. Boil without stirring (a gentle swirl of the pan occasionally is helpful to avoid hot spots) until a light golden color, approximately 310 degrees. On my gas stove this takes about 10 minutes.

Add in the heavy cream mixture. BE CAREFUL! It will boil up violently!!! Return to heat and stir frequently until mixture reaches 248 degrees, it took about 8 minutes on my stove. Pour into the lined baking pan and let cool.

No comments: