Friday, December 9, 2011

holiday party

Welcome to the weekend! We're one week closer to Christmas friends! How is your shopping going? I'm almost done, I need to finish up a couple things for Mike and to figure out what to get Dan, my brother-in-law. I started wrapping and everything that I've purchased is wrapped AND under the tree. I feel so accomplished!
This weekend I have a jam packed schedule of running and cookie baking! I have my longest distance run (to date) this weekend, shooting for 9 miles. I actually plan on running to the local mall and having mom pick me up there. I like running TO a destination instead of in a loop. We'll see how it goes. I'm getting really excited about the race. Knowing that my cousin finished one last weekend is really making me more confident that I can do it too.
Yesterday my stupid check engine light came on. Stupid. I have to go this morning to have the code red to figure out what is wrong with it. I have never had a check engine light come on before so I have NO clue what to expect. I'm hoping for something stupid like I didn't put my gas cap on tight enough, and not something major like the engine is going to fall out of the car. I'm so not a car person. This post is feeling a little ADD to me today...Sorry about that.
Onto some gorgeousness! As always on Fridays I'm linking up with Alison from Long Distance Loving for Friday Fancies! I love this link up and if you haven't checked it out, you really should. I get such great style inspiration from it and this time of year it is full of holiday gift ideas! The theme this week was to pick an outfit for a holiday party. I'm totally feeling purple for Christmas this year. Well, I suppose I was feeling it last year too, but I really like purple. Especially rich, eggplant-y purple. And especially paired with something nude/sparkly.

holiday party



What are your weekend plans? Do you get to go to a holiday party? I soooo wish I did....

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Love this dress.
Silver+purple=gorgeous.

Joelle said...

Oh my goodness, that dress is just gorgeous! And I love that you paired it with purple. It's a nice alternative for all the red we're seeing these days!

xoxo,
Joelle

Jamie said...

love the dress! and with the heels... i'm kinda doing the oppposite. Purple dress with grey heels! i *might* be my best friend's date to his Navy Holiday Party... wooo! & tonight i'm going to one. :)

Alyssa said...

Gorgeous outfit!