Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

molasses kringles

I've made gingerbread for the past 10 years, every single Christmas. It's delicious, but definitely a lot of work. This year I decided to branch out a little bit and instead of doing the "roll and decorate" gingerbread, I wanted to try a chewy molasses cookie. After searching foodgawker for what seemed like hours, I decided to go with a recipe from What Megan's Making for molasses kringles. They certainly did not disappoint. They are soft, chewy, spicy and just a bit sweet. I when I make them again I'll ditch the glaze though. I think it made them just a bit too sweet. If you want the recipe for the glaze, check out Megan's original recipe!


Molasses Kringles:
3/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream together the butter and brown sugar until very light and fluffy. Add in the molasses and egg and beat until well combined. Mix in the flour, baking soda, salt and spices. Mix until just combined.
Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet. On my 1/2 sheet pan I fit 20 cookies and they barely fit.
Bake 10 minutes until lightly browned on edges. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet.

No comments: