Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

we've got a real good shot...

Happy Valentine's Day! Mike is actually a huge fan of Valentine's Day! He loves all the wonderful mushiness associated with it. Truthfully, I could take it or leave it, but since he loves it so much, I indulge his wishes. Tonight we will have takeout from my favorite spot for Thai food, it's kind of a tradition for us, and we'll snuggle up and watch a movie together. His idea of a perfect night. 
It didn't take long for me to fall for him, and I fell hard. He is such an amazing guy and I feel so lucky every day to have someone like him in my life. This song quickly became "our song" once I heard it. Mike didn't kiss me at the end of our first date. There was a lingering hug, but no kissing. Then our second date, we went to the movies and there wasn't even hand holding. As we were saying goodbye at the end of the date, he hugged me and kissed my forehead. I looked at him and was like "seriously?!" He finally kissed me for real, and I was hooked. I've kissed him every time I've had the chance ever since.





I'm linking up with From Mrs to Mama in honor of Valentine's day for her What's your Love Story linkup! Here are the questions for us taken ladies!

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
20 months

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
We met online, our first date was at a Chili's 

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}
He definitely is the guy I hope to marry. I sing him "if you like it then you should probably put a ring on it" once a week if not more.

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We aren't married yet, but we will be eventually. I'd prefer a small wedding, 100 people or less and I want a "different" kind of venue. We're hoping for an airplane hangar.

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
I call him babe or Michael, sometimes stinky-kid. He calls me Jules usually.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He's so determined. He keeps me inspired. He loves to cuddle just as much as I do.

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
Just the two of us, anywhere any time.

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals?
He's a flowers, teddy bear, strawberries, champagne and rose petals kind of guy. I'm a pizza and a movie kind of girl.

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I think I'm a sunset on the beach kind of girl, cozy clothes, just us but super romantic. I love it.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I want to travel all over with him. I can't wait to travel as a family with our kids, and give our kids the kind of experiences that our parents were able to give us.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Thai food takeout! Yum!

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Nope...I'm not big on Valentine's Day gifts. Although I guess I am secretly hoping that he is going to replace a ring of mine that went missing :(

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
We talk about everything, try to do things we both love to do and cuddle as often as possible.

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.
We didn't look our best, but I think this is the moment when we were proudest for each other. He had just finished his first half marathon and I got a PR for my 5k. We inspire each other to be better than we could possibly be apart.

No comments: