Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

anxiety.




I am having crazy anxiety. I'm leaving in a couple days, the race is less than a week away, plans keep changing and I feel like I'm going to pass out or pee my pants at any given moment. I'm having freak outs about the race. It isn't about finishing, I know I can handle it. The hay is in the barn as they say.
My freak outs are about logistics. Where are Jess and Dan going to wait to cheer us on? What days should we go to the park? What should I eat for dinner? I'm just freaking. I have knots in my stomach. Ugh.

So I'm trying to calm down. I'm going to the gym now to work my butt off and release some of this tension. I'm really hoping that will work. A margarita sounded heavenly last night, like it would have calmed my nerves, but I don't drink often at all and I didn't want to drink the week of the race.


In other news, I want to pick up this book, The Baker's Daughter, before the trip to read on the plane and during some downtime while I'm down there. I feel like it is going to go by so fast, I don't want to miss a moment of it. I want to make the most of the downtime and get away from all of everything going on here.


No comments: