Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

a day for fathers

I don’t celebrate Fathers Day. It’s a bit of a bummer, but since my dad died, there are certain days of the year that are kind of torture for me. That is one of them. I have a lot of trouble spending the day with people celebrating their dads when I feel like those men don’t even hold a candle to mine. I know that is a beyond terrible thought, but hey….sometimes it’s ok to think bad things. That’s why I try not to put myself in those situations.

Early yesterday morning my mom was running a 5k and I told her I would go cheer for her. Well, I didn’t know that it was VERY early – we had to be there at 6am. oye. So we got there and got her all registered and we were waiting around and that’s when the people running the Fathers Day Challenge Half Marathon started arriving. There were lots of people running in honor of their dads who had died and that was killer. I cried, kind of a lot. But my mom did fabulously! She won first in her age group!! Go Mom!

IMAG0869

IMAG0875

After that we went and spent the day by my Aunt’s pool just hanging out and barbecuing. Over all it was a really great day and I’m glad I got to spend it with some of my favorite fathers in my family!

IMAG0876

IMAG0878

No comments: