Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

ah-mazing

This weekend was really awesome. Friday night Mike and I spent hours going through his old stuff separating out stuff to donate to Goodwill. After about 5 hours we made huge progress cleaning stuff out! We both had trunks full of stuff to drop off. Everything from clothes, to books and even 2 bags of VHS tapes.
Saturday morning we slept in and then went straight to Dunkin' Donuts to get our daily dose of caffeine before heading to the gym for a run. The rest of the day was spent cleaning and lounging around until my mom and I went out for dinner. We went to a local brew house restaurant. It was completely delicious and the perfect choice.
Sunday was a fantastic start to a new week. The weather is warming up, it was 60 yesterday. We started the day out by losing an hour of sleep and therefore staying in bed until nearly 10 o'clock! Yikes. But once we got up we got ready and left almost immediately to head to the dog park. Sheldon, Cooper and Addie had never gone to a dog park before. We were a little nervous about them getting overwhelmed, but it went amazingly. They had so much fun and came home completely pooped! It was perfect.
When we got home Sheldon immediately ran to the back deck and just laid in the sun, basking in it's warmth. Mike and I grilled up some veggie burgers for lunch and rushed to the movies, only to find out the times listed on google weren't at all accurate and they weren't even showing the movie any more! Talk about frustrating! We came back home and then went to meet up with Mom and Jess to enjoy our first trip to Mary Jane's of the season.
Mary Jane's is a small dairy bar ice cream shop in the town I grew up in. They have the best soft serve ice cream I've ever had. It is definitely my favorite. Yum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend. Reminds me of some of mine when my hubby and I lived in DC. Those sprinkles look sooo good! x